Thursday, June 14, 2007

Everything Tastes Great on a Stick




We were at my in-laws a few weeks ago for a family BBQ. Molly and Aidan sat across the table from our 12 year old niece, Kaitlyn, who was enjoying her grilled chicken right off the skewer. "I want to eat with a stick" chimed the dynamic duo. Being the safety conscience mother that I am I opted for cocktail toothpicks in lieu of the large wooden spike the chicken was grilled on. This was a big hit and Molly and Aidan cleaned their plates. They also discovered that dispite your best efforts you cannot eat apple sauce with a toothpick. Another one of life's valuable lessons. Needless to say there have been many requests to "eat my meal with a stick" over the past few weeks. And I have to say it works like a charm. Who knew?

2 comments:

Jennefer said...

I might have to try that. Thanks for the idea!

Jane said...

sticks, dips and shapes... things that get children to eat anything! You could put apple pieces on sticks, but the applesauce, unless you had bread on a stick to soak it up, would not work so good.